an easy weeknight meal
and they’re cute too!
Most of what I do in the kitchen only requires one person.
But when I drain the liquid from these sliders straight out of the oven, I need a third hand. I have Puppy hold a large skillet lid on top of the baking dish while I tip the whole thing over the sink.
…with the cold water running down the sink because I’m irrationally afraid of cracking a sink with boiling liquid.
It’s a sight to be seen but the lid holds the meat in the pan while tipping it over gets as much liquid out as quickly as possible.
It’s a nice dish for a weeknight. While the oven preheats, I get the meat mixture ready. Then while the burgers are grooving in the oven I can either clean the kitchen or do a mini workout or play with the cat- the oven time allows for options.
Honestly I usually just sit my carcass on the couch and read.
After draining the liquid and putting dinner back in the oven to melt the cheese, it’s enough time to set the table.
I cut the original recipe in half in an effort to not always feed an army that doesn’t exist. I changed the recipe quite a bit actually.
Try both recipes and tell me what you think.
- 1lb ground turkey
- half onion, diced
- lemon pepper or other seasoning
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- sliced cheese (provolone)
- mini slider buns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- lightly grease 8x8 pan
- combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- press mixture gently into the 8x8 pan and prick with a fork.
- bake for 22-25 min
- drain excess liquid from pan (meat will shrink)
- top meat with cheese and put back into oven until cheese is melted (about 2 min)
- slice into 9ths and serve on mini buns with desired condiments.