my new house fragrance: eau de salami
available everywhere non-existent things are purchased
but seriously folks, talk about kicking off your holiday season with a zing:
so i learned that when you put store bought salami slices in the oven, they can turn into
- still slightly oily
chips. who knew?!
well, i didn’t until i finally tried it.
the oven does all of the work. this is the only thing you have to do:
well, and dab off some of the oil when they come out of the oven. but seriously, that’s pretty awesome.
- the salami will bubble up in the center of each slice
- and then will fall down
- and the edges are crispier than the centers
- but i didn’t want them to burn and not taste or look good
you can see the darker edges already:
it’s the easiest 1 ingredient kitchen adventure-
i’m not even sure i would call it a recipe.
the hardest part is letting them cool for maximum dip consumption
its really more of a tip/trick that i highly recommend for your next potluck or holiday party.
it sounds and tastes way more impressive than it is.
[can you can tell that’s a theme with me?]
one year ago: funfetti gooey cake bars
- Salami slices
- preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- place salami slices on a metal cookies sheet- very close together without overlapping
- bake for 8-10 minutes.
- when done, move slices to a plate with a paper towel to capture the excess grease
- cool completely
- serve with your favorite dip.