attention weekly meal planners: this is not a test.
this is one of my favorite weeknight meals that is packed with flavor, veggies and multi-tasking.
- cook the pasta while the veggies are roasting
- then slice and pan-sear the sausage.
- blitz the roasted veggies with some greek yogurt in a food processor to make the sauce
- combine pasta, sausage and sauce (in the sausage pan to keep everything warm and to have one less dish)
this meal is tastey, easy and healthy-ish.
the pre-cooked sausage is an easy protein addition to a veggie packed pasta dish.
this recipe makes dinner for 2 then enough leftovers for 4 lunches. that’s what I’d call stretching your dollar.
recipe has been added to meal planning list
happy cooking. #getinthekitchen
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded and cut in half
- 1 pound short pasta, any kind
- 4 fully cooked sausage links, any kind
- 6 garlic cloves
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- lemon pepper
- olive oil
- garnish: grated parmesan
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- in cookie sheet/roasting pan brush both sides of the eggplant and bell pepper lightly with oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper. add garlic to pan. roast for 20 minutes.
- while veggies are roasting, bring pasta water to a boil and cook pasta per package directions
- slice sausage and brown in large lidded saute pan.
- when veggies are done roasting, blend in food processor. then add greek yogurt and blend thoroughly.
- when pasta is done, splash some pasta water into the sausage pan then drain pasta.
- transfer sauce and pasta to sausage pan and stir to combine
- heat to a low simmer to bring everything together.
- serve immediately.
- leftovers will last in air tight container in the fridge for one week.