seriously: so easy but so impressive.
I learned about this on a blog post here.
The title pretty much says it all: put your vanilla-goodness in some sugar and have the sugar smell and taste like the vanilla-goodness. And you can be all fancy pants and use the word “infused.”
This is a great, simple gift- for yourself or your friends/family. It’s great in coffee, baking or anywhere you use granulated sugar.
You can dress up the container too- get all crafty.
- airtight container with lid (preferably glass)
- 1 vanilla bean per container
- granulated sugar
- put whole vanilla bean in container.
- fill container with sugar.
- Close and store in cool dry place.
- Let sit for one week then use when desired.
- Keep adding sugar to the container- vanilla bean should last at least 6 months