yummy, crunchy, and festive cookies that are a little out of the ordinary for me.
one of my family’s holiday traditions is to make a tupperware tower of cookies in December.
I have recently been adding new recipes to the mountain of traditional goodies.
This recipe will definitely be included this year- along with my pumpkin gingersnaps.
I was on pinterest looking for green cookies- without food dye.
I discovered the concept of pistachio cookies encrusted in pistachios.
Adding the cranberries was an attempt to make these cookies even more festive but they are certainly optional- for festive factor and flavor.
This nutty cookie is great for your loved ones that don’t tend to like desserts or sweet things.
The batch doesn’t make very many but they are a nice addition to the holiday cookie spread.
These cookies would work for thanksgiving too- along side a pecan cream cheese pie and a pumpkin pie.
these morsels could even be considered a breakfast cookie- just sayin’
- ⅔ cup finely ground roasted pistachios
- ¾ cup roughly chopped roasted pistachios
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup diced dried cranberries
- toast pistachios @ 350 degrees for 10 min stirring occasionally then divide and roughly chop and grind in food processor
- In medium bowl combine finely ground pistachios, almond meal, sugar and egg whites. Mix well
- Add more almond meal if too sticky
- gently stir in dried cranberries
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- use small cookie scoop then roll in chopped pistachios
- place on parchment paper covered cookie sheets and bake for 12-14 minutes until bottoms are medium brown.
- cool completely on wire racks
- store in airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.