shrimp hangin in a jacuzzi of butter
this shrimp is a weeknight winner in my kitchen.
it is simple enough to stick in the oven- where it then turns into something fresh and exciting to eat.
The added bonus is the lemon butter sauce that accompanies the cooked shrimp out of the oven.
I have used this as a dipping sauce for the shrimp and had bisquick biscuits as a side- or sweet potato fries.
My favorite way to eat this shrimp is with pasta- and preferably joined by roasted veggies. The lemon butter sauce from the shrimp mixed with a little parmesan cheese makes for a quick and lovely pasta sauce.
I have made this week night meal in 45 minutes- from oven preheating to sitting down. I have had a lot of practice orchestrating my movements in the kitchen- and 2 ovens.
I’ll try to recap:
- preheat 1 oven to 350 and other to 400 and put the pasta pot on the stove to come to a boil
- pull out a 13×9 pan and the sided cookie sheet. cover the 13×9 in foil
- put the stick of butter into the 13×9 pan and put into the 350 oven while its preheating
- while checking the butter occasionally so it doesn’t burn, I prep the veggies and then season and oil them on the pan
- I also slice the lemon very thinly and rinse the shrimp and leave the collander in the sink to drain
- when the 400 oven is preheated I stick the veggies in and set the time for 15 min
- when the butter is mostly melted, I pull the pan out and gently break up the remaining clumps and move them around the pan to help the melting process
- then I evenly distribute the lemon then shrimp then ranch seasoning into the hot pan
- and return the pan to the 350 oven for 15 minutes (separate timer)
- by then the pasta water is boiling so I add the pasta and cook by package directions and ready a clean collander in the sink for draining the pasta.
- when the veggies have been in for 15 min, I check and flip them and continue to cook them for the remaining time that’s on the shrimp timer.
- when the shrimp, veggies and pasta are all cooked, I add them all to a serving bowl and toss together.
- voila. ready to serve. with parmesan on the side.
- 1 pound shrimp: raw, cleaned and rinsed
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried ranch dressing
- line edged cookie sheet or 9x13 pan with aluminum foil. unwrap butter, cut it into 4 pieces or so and put in prepared pan.
- while oven is preheating to 350 degrees F, put pan and butter into oven to melt butter.
- while butter is melting- watch it so it doesn't burn- rinse the shrimp and super thinly slice the lemon.
- pull pan out of oven when butter is melted and before it burns.
- layer lemon slices evenly over the pan and butter
- layer shrimp over lemon slices
- sprinkle dry seasoning over shrimp
- bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- serve immediately. options: with biscuits or pour everything from the pan over freshly cooked pasta and toss for easy lemon butter shrimp pasta