sweet heat in the crock pot:
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
my nachos are a great way to showcase this versatile and flavor packed chicken:
i’ve been trying to infuse more local honey in our diet in an attempt to quell the onslaught of allergies from local pollen
…although i read recently on the internet that honey doesn’t necessarily help prevent allergies.
so who knows.
this chicken is amazing because it’s not too sweet
and it’s a little spicy/smokey
depending on your flavor and heat preference, you can try substituting half of the chipotle/adobo with ketchup for a milder flavor.
now that i’m writing this, i bet the sauce ingredients would work well on other chicken too
maybe wings in the oven- or thighs. the honey would probably caramelize
but for now, i’ve had success with it in the crock pot
the chipotle and adobo in the resealable glass jars instead of cans is amazing to have if you can find it.
i stock up every time i see it in the store then always have an open jar in the fridge.
for when the smokey heat mood strikes me.
having cooked chicken in the fridge is a great summer work night meal technique:
- put it on salads,
- in peanut ginger wraps
- in chipotle chicken sweet potato skins
- in some taquitos
- or burritos.
let me know what you use your chicken for- and what flavors you use in your crock pot chicken.
one year ago: pie crust
- 4 frozen chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ¾ cup honey
- juice and zest from 2 medium lemons (about ½ cup juice)
- combine all ingredient in the crock pot.
- the total of the ingredients other than the chicken should be 12oz or 1½ cups liquid. the ratio between chipotle, honey and lemon juice will depend greatly on your taste preference.
- put lid on crock pot
- cook on low in crock pot for 8-10 hours
- remove chicken from crock pot and shred. add some of the liquid from the crock pot to the chicken if desired- or add fresh lemon juice/honey if desired.
- enjoy immediately or store in airtight containers in the fridge for a week or freezer for 3 months.