for your thanksgiving pleasure, i present to you a fresh take on traditional green bean casserole:
yes, that’s puff pastry covered in
- alfredo sauce
- fresh green beans
- crock pot caramelized onions
- and fresh mushrooms
the puff pastry kinda replaces the crunch of the french-fried onions.
but they’re still great to add:
i dare you to try this puff pizza
once you have all of the ingredients, it is a snap to put together and decadently IHC invoking while still simple to make and relatively healthy.
the fresh veggies replace all of the canned ingredients making this a healthier version of a classic that is too good not to try at least once.
snap a pic when you make this and share it with me on my facebook page! i love to see when others are in the kitchen.
one year ago: baked cheesy cranberry dip
happy holiday kitchen!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ C Alfredo sauce
- green beans, couple of handfuls of cleaned, trimmed
- caramelized onions
- fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
- handful of french fried onions
- preheat oven to 400 degrees f
- line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- place the puff pastry on the parchment paper
- spread the alfredo on the pastry and leave an inch or 2 inch border
- layer the green beans on the alfredo then the caramelized onions on top of the beans
- finally layer the mushrooms on top and lightly drizzle lightly with olive oil
- bake for 20 minutes until edges are golden brown
- remove from oven and top with french fried onions if desired
- chop into 9 pieces and serve immediately.