who is ready for a corny-spicy-cheesy twist on a favorite?!
mmmm crunchy cornbread goodness.
drizzle some honey and slather on some butter
who needs the rest of the meal?
i’ll be over here in the corner with my plate full of cornbread waffle & pork & honey sandwiches if anybody needs me
the jalapeño cheddar corn bread can also be baked in a pan or muffin tin if you don’t have a waffle maker. just follow the directions on the jiffy box.
but you won’t get that baked cheesy crusty goodness over the entire surface area of a muffin like you can with a waffle.
one year ago: oven ranch shrimp
happy holiday kitchen!
- 2 boxes of jiffy cornbread muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk (of choice)
- diced jalapeno
- shredded cheddar
- mix jiffy cornbread per package directions
- add desired amount of diced jalapeno and cheddar (i did maybe ¼-1/2 cup jalapeno and 1-2 cups cheese)
- pour ¾ cup mix into preheated waffle iron
- cook per package directions until barely any steam is coming out- about 5 minutes
- repeat until batter is gone
- keep waffles warm in a 200 degree F oven while finishing the rest of the batter