one of the easiest cookie recipes I’ve ever seen- that is also totally customizable.
these can be stirred together by hand and baked all on one sheet. and the center cookies are ooey gooey. what’s not to love?
mmmmm… Yes, please.
Grab a medium sized bowl and a rubber spatula and go to work. Just don’t tell the stand mixer that I’m getting some on the side.
Try swapping reese’s pieces or m&m’s or other small candies for the chocolate chunks if you want to get super cutesy with it.
I extended the bake time from the original recipe because the first time I made these, the middle cookies were a little too undone for my taste. My baking sheet might be smaller so the rectangles might have been thicker than the original recipe intended.
isn’t that mug cute? check out this great Etsy shop:
- ½ C canola oil
- ½ C white sugar
- ½ C packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ C flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ C chocolate chips or chunks
- preheat oven 375 and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- combine oil, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- add flour and baking soda. stir until just combined.
- divide dough in half and flatten each half into a rounded-corner rectangle on the baking sheet with about an inch border around each.
- press the chocolate on top.
- bake for 11-13 minutes. flip sheet during bake time if needed.
- cool for 5 min then cut into strips with butcher knife.
- leave on sheet until fully cooled.
- store in air tight container at room temperature for a week.