another day, another quick bread.
as previously mentioned (here), blueberries are a staple in my house
so making this recipe was a no-brainer
adding nuts to the berry and lemon bread party is something i had not tried before-
but i am so glad i did.
this bread recipe is now in the work week breakfast rotation.
most recently i made this bread and hard boiled eggs on a Sunday so they were ready for the whole week.
just look at the fluffy crumbly bread with the juicy blueberry spots.
the ever growing list of quick breads:
this blueberry recipe is a nice alternative to blueberry muffins-
which is something i make a lot and should start sharing with you. the list grows faster than i can share.
one year ago: brownie ice cream sandwiches [great. now i need to make these again immediately. thanks blogger-self]
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 scoops of protein powder of choice
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or nut of choice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, do not defrost
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease 9x5 or 8x4 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer gently combine brown sugar, milk, oil, and yogurt
- then add vanilla and eggs.
- then add in protein powder
- Add flour, oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and lemon zest and gently stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries and chopped nuts (remove from stand mixer for this step if using)
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan
- store in airtight container at room temperature for about 5 days.