a flavorful and hearty vegetarian pasta dish.
and i would venture to say
i said it.
i’ve made this with short pasta and long pasta- and both were great.
and i guess if you aren’t into the whole Meatless Monday thing, you could slice up some sausage and it would still taste pretty darn good.
this started as me trying a new recipe- and actually trying to follow it.
because of this blogging thing and my inability to always remember to write down what i did in the kitchen, i’ve been trying to follow the recipes so i can repeat and share what i actually did.
and then this time around it was SO AMAZING and SO FAR from the original recipe that i wrote it down
- while eating it
- at the dinner table
- with my love.
- that’s commitment.
oh- you read that recipe right.
every time i make this, Joe crushes an entire head of garlic for me.
i guess if you want to use jarred crushed garlic, it will still taste ok.
but fresher is always better and sometimes when you work a little for your dinner it tastes that much better.
one year ago: Quick Apple Crisp
recipe added to Weekly Meal Planning
- 16 oz pasta, cooked to al dente via package directions
- 2 Tbl butter
- 1 Tbl oil
- sliced crimini mushrooms, 16 oz bag or about 2-3 cups
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 2 very ripe avocados
- ⅓ C heavy cream
- ¼ C crushed garlic which is about one head of garlic
- ¼ white wine
- parmesan for garnish
- cook pasta per package directions
- heat large sided skillet to medium high heat and add butter and oil
- then add mushrooms to pan and saute until golden brown, about 8 minutes
- in food processor, combine avocado with goat cheese and cream until super smooth. scrape sides of bowl as needed to get all of the chunks smooth.
- when mushrooms are golden add wine and garlic to pan and reduce heat to medium. saute for 2-3 minutes
- then remove skillet from heat and stir in avocado mixture into mushrooms
- pasta should be done at this point, drain and add directly to sauce. stir to combine
- enjoy immediately with a garnish of parmesan.
- also great leftover. store in fridge for up to a week in air tight containers.